SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
inheritance_gw

Advice on Caring for my mature Rhododendrons

Inheritance
11 years ago

Most of these were planted 20+ years ago, and they were neglected for probably the last 5-7 years. I've been cleaning up my overgrown and heavily planted two acres for the past two seasons and am ready to tackle these. My understanding is that I should prune once the flowers drop. Greatly appreciate your advice for each of these beautiful plants:

This will open a Google+ photo album. Click on one of the pictures and it will open in album view, where you can scroll through pics one by one

Plant #1 (photos 1&2): One of the nice ones. I'll be pruning the azalea to its right this weekend.

Plant #2: (photos 3&4): Any idea what type of azalea this is?

Plant #3 (photos 5&6): Very leggy, about 7' tall, has about 25 buds/flowers.

Plant #4 (photos 7&8&15&16): huge, but strongly considering ripping it out. It is not an eyesore due to where it sits on the property, and I'd be happy to attempt to revive it. It was strangled by vines for many years. I removed the vines over this past winter with hopes that this plant would thrive, but.......Dimensions are about 8' tall and easily has a 6' radius.

Plant #5(photos 9&10): Another of the nice ones

Plants #6 & #7 (photos 11&12): side by side, equally leggy. Haven't bloomed yet this season, but each has a good number of buds, which I believe become white flowers. Aside from commentary on how to improve their health/look, are they too mature to move? They reside in an ideal location for a hammock.... :-)

Plant #8 (photos 13&14): generally pretty nice, slightly leggy

Thanks much in advance for your help!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting