SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aachenelf

What kind of fall cleaner are you?

aachenelf z5 Mpls
16 years ago

We still haven't had a freeze, so everything is still looking nice, but I finally decided I have to get started on this fall cleanup. I know some people wait until spring, but I can't. There's something in me that says everything MUST be clean and tidy before the snow flies. Can't fight it. It's a part of me.

I also can't wait until frost cuts things down. Cleaning things up is a huge task and can't be done in one weekend, so my goal is to do a couple of hours of work per day and just keep at it until things are finished. Today for instance I spent about 3 hours digging up and potting up some tropicals I winter indoors. I could probably leave them in the ground for a couple more weeks, but I would hate to be caught off guard by some drastic drop in temps. I'd rather get it done now and know that they are safe.

Tomorrow, empty some more pots, chop some things down, pull up more annuals (even though they still look good) etc. etc.

I will plod along - a little bit each day. I could never do this all in one big cleaning frenzy. I would go nuts.

Kevin

Comments (31)