SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toronado3800

Emerald Ash Borer insecticide experience?

This week our paper had articles reporting the Emerald Ash Borer was found in South Eastern Missouri. Having bought a house six years ago with a number of ash trees planted just a little too close this news got me thinking about a plan.

I've decided to use insecticides which are available to the public in an attempt to prevent infestation until my trees are obviously infected or the state decides to force me to cut them down. Also I'll start this summer figuring either the bug is really ahead of detection or its worth it to start the poison flowing up my tree's veins.

Doing some reading I've decided nothing is guaranteed to be effective but the Bayer Advanced Tree and Shrub Insect Control product with Imidacloprid

is the most effective. As with most poisons its certain to kill frogs that come in direct contact with it and wreck havoc with insects that don't bother me, but I like the way I can apply it to the soil around the tree, maybe even fence that area off for a month or so.

I've noticed the timber industry is trying to figure out how to get dead infected wood out of quarantine zones

lol, greedy and lazy fellas they are. Does point out the Bayer poison works on contact though.

Anyone have any experience with that stuff or these "ACECAP® 97 Systemic Insecticide Tree Implants"? Or other control means? Saving the 3 big ash trees near my house is probably worth $100 or $200 a year worth of trouble to me.

Just another web site

{{gwi:406203}}

{{gwi:406204}}

Comments (5)