SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdinthepalm

New Angelfish on the market? Pterophyllum orange kois etc.

18 years ago

I have to say, though it seems the larger and perhaps more colorful cichlids may be the "in" fish for collectors perhaps these days, the old fashioned fresh water angelfish were always my favorites or at least in the top few of favorites, but going to over four different local chains and small pet stores, I only found one or two regular angles in total for all those stores. It's either a case of the stores not stocking many of them anymore, or they're the first fish to sell after a new shipment comes in. Very disappointing to say the least, but in my search online to find some sources there, I came upon a site that sells some new vaieties I'd never seen before, though they're extremely expensive and of course very small fish for the prices. Anyway if the pictures aren't at all retouched those "new"?? orange kois are the most colorful angels I've ever seen and I'd love to have those. From past experience though, it seemed to me that all those sports, mutations, or just selective breeding made for some very hard to keep and sensitive breeds, or at least it seemed that way to me. I'd be curious, if any of our tropical fish enthusiasts on this forum has similar experiences with all those various breeds of angels and if anyone has yet tried the new orange koi varieties. It just seems, though I might save my pennies for a while to buy a few of those exciting new angels I have a suspicion they'd be even the most difficult to keep alive yet bred?? At over $50 each for "dime sized bodies" I'd sure hate to lose them!!!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations