SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherryazure

Question re Irridescent Shark (catfish) babies????

sherryazure
18 years ago

hmm was thinking if what I posted here a while back re home for fish (have some takers, one guy has two already in 300 gallon tank, just have to figure out how to get to NJ and I don't think shipping would be good idea as she is really skittish and I see how delivery people treat my boxes without fish! (throw them on street, sit on them eat lunch on them, even when it says take care glass)

the fry look just like the Idshark (catfish)... exactly, her belly was full when I got her. She is under 6 inches and her top fin (dorsal?) is bent just as it said red tailed shark (minnow?) would be in female. Yet this one looks like the photo on planet catfish exactly, and not like the others mentioned ie rainbow shark, red tailed shark and others with those names.. she does not have any red in her fins...

so if they don't breed until much much larger and have never been bread except in commercial breeding ponds, how did this happen. at first I figured eggs in plants... someone at petland said they are inbred to stay small, never heard of this nor believe any thing they say at this point. Any thoughts anyone?

Here is the link again to planet catfish... the second from top left is exactly what mine looks like for now...

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/pangasii/pangasiu/172_f.php

Thanks Sherry

Comments (12)

Sponsored