SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupshaped_roses

Ugly bugs are attacking my roses - HELP!

cupshaped_roses
14 years ago

Was the subject heading of an email I received from some friends in MO. Attached were some pictures of the ugly creatures gnawing away at the roses. I sighed when I saw them and then called her on the phone to tell her what to do. Fill a plastic glass half up with water and a little dishwashing soap. Go out and hold the cup underneath and shake the blooms and stems they are sitting on so they drop into the cup with soapy water and let them drown - how many are there? I asked - well about 4-10 on each rosebush it seems - but they are EATING MY FLOWERS AND MAKE UGLY HOLES IN THE LEAVES!! And all of them seeems to be having sex on my roses while they eat them!! Should I mix up some more of that Bayer 3 in one, she asked? No it wont keep the ugly buggers away - just keep checking the plants a few times everyday with your soapy water.

A few days later she called and said - that she found a strange pleasure in drowning these BUGS - because she would not let them get away with eating her roses!!! I told her to keep it up 4-5 weeks more or until the she did not see them any more. Gosh I will be so ticked off when they get here to Europe --- because they probably will. As if there is not enough challenges growing roses!

{{gwi:302992}}

{{gwi:302994}}

Comments (13)