SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twotzus

My Neighbor Poisoned Rev d' Or!

twotzus
14 years ago

I am heartsick and so discouraged. After a couple of months of seeing her go downhill I realized yesterday that she is poisoned! With Roundup I think. I had been arguing with my husband that something was wrong with the irrigation, too much water, too little we couldn't figure it out. There are hardly any leaves left on her and yesterday I started cutting off dead laterals. I thought it weird that she was dying from "out" to in. Also, now I know why the new leaf growth is so mutated looking. When I looked at the laterals that had grown through the top of the fence (that WE built) I saw they were dead DEAD and it hit me that my neighbor sprayed her with poison!

I am so upset and discouraged actually in tears. I have not gardened for a year really, surgery last fall and just finished chemo, finally thought I am getting my interest in gardening back again. Now I am so discouraged. I have been crying since yesterday I don't know why this has hit me so hard. She was probably my favorite rose, the first one I planted. I don't know if I should have my husband just dig her out, there will be a big hole on that fence.

Sorry for the ramble. I guess I just need to vent. My husband told me we will get another one to put there. But it will take too long to grow. I just want to move. Fat chance with the housing market.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting