SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lathyrus_odoratus

Anyone have a good photo of...

lathyrus_odoratus
14 years ago

First, let me say that I completely understand the difficulties of digital imaging from using good technique to obtain the images so they aren't color shifted to how they are converted to calibration of equipment. As such, I "get" that the images I see on my monitor may not look anything like what the plant actually looks like.

I also know that we each may have a different idea of what color means what. I'm trying to use standard "color wheel" descriptions. Between Blue and Red is Violet, a color that is perfectly combined of blue and red. Purple is the red side of that equation.

But, we've all seen some images that are "better" than another - clearer, no obvious color-shift, no issues with scanning, etc. While each person may have calibration issues, if the person's system is set up correctly, the image is likely to look close to the actual specimen. Not identical maybe, but close.

I also know that we each may have a different idea of what name means what color. I'm trying to use standard "color wheel" descriptions. Between Blue and Red is Violet, a color that is perfectly combined of blue and red. Purple is the red side of that equation.

Ultra Violet Moonbeam

The only image I have found of Ultra Violet Moonbeam shows it to be pink, not blue, but the description clearly says blue. Anyone have a picture of this plant that shows its color? Or have you seen it and could tell me what it might be similar to?

Newton Grape Suzette

I love the picture I have of this. It is a lovely grape color - like the name implies. But, the description says it is "dark blue." Has anyone a photo that shows the color accurately or have you seen it and can tell me if it's blue like Rebel's Night Breezes or more purple?

Blue or Purple?

A few others where the image looks purple, lavender or orchid but the description says blue include: Rob's Jindalee, Spaceway, Colonial Port Lincoln, Tiny Moon Goddess, Satin Touch, Painted Silk. Any photos or experience with these regarding what color you think they are or what other plant they look like?

Conversely, Queen Bee by Storytella looks blue and it's listed as purple. So does Atlanta. Rhapsodie Cora looks purple in some, blue in others...it says it's blue. Same as with the rest: any idea of what color you think it is or a photo?

Razzberry Ice

It says it's pink-fuchsia. The picture looks more purple, actually very similar to Newtown Grape Suzette. Any pictures or knowledge of what color it really is?

Carnival (Tinara)

This one says it's fuchsia, but it looks very similar to Razzberry Ice above (purple), much too much blue in the picture and not the red of a fuchsia. Again, any pictures of direct experience?

Rosy Winter (Fredette)

Description says pink, picture is definitely purple. Any photo or direct experience?

Wrangler's Canyon Echo

Picture looks like a light orchid; description says fuchsia. The photo is old. Again, any photo or experience?

Sema (Pilon)

The photo I have shows a deep pink-peachy flower (so warm, heading toward the orange side). The description says amethyst, which is definitely the blue side. Again, any photo or experience with this plant and bloom?

Witch Doctor(Gehr)

This maybe the case of it being called red when it's pink or the photo could be off. My photo looks like a nice deep pink, the description says red. Which is it?

Optimara Gauguin

The picture shows fuchsia or deep pink on white, but the description calls it lilac. To me, lilac is close to lavender or orchid - a light violet or blue violet color, not pink. Any info?

Snuggles Angel (Sorano)

I can only find one image and it's an old one, so I can't really get an idea of the color. Anyone grow this?

Sorry about the long list...if you made it this far, you really must be as obsessed as I am, lol!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES