SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karolina11_gw

Planning a bed - need suggestions

11 years ago

So I attempted to plan beds last year and did an okay job on the timing of my front bed (had things blooming in spring, summer and will hopefully have fall blooms). However, I did a HORRIBLE job on height, colors, and covering up done perennials.

Thus, I am planning on redoing my front bed in the spring and need to make sure I order things for fall/spring planting. However, I cannot seem to decide what to put in this bed and would love your suggestions!

I am in central Pennsylvania, zone 6b, with clay soil. However, this is a raised bed and heavily amended and I have not had problems with anything in it for the last three years. It is 6 feet by 20 feet and in the east part of my house. It gets 8+ hours of sun a day. Since there is a smokebush on one side and a lovely cherry tree on the other, I was hoping to do a pink/purple/blue (and splashes of white) color scheme. I was going to put three rosebushes in as the backdrop and then fill the rest with perennials.

I need suggestions on what you would put where (background, foreground, ground cover, etc). Also, need suggestions on what you would put next to each other and how you would avoid ugly foliage (I hated my daylilies and irises once they were done). After my terrible placement this year, I obviously need some expert opinions.

Thank you for your help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH