SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abilene49

Orandas

abilene49
19 years ago

Ralph, Alice, Trixie and Norton are my newly acquired Oranda goldfish. In fact this is my first aquarium, well as an adult anyway. I used to wonder about people who could grow attached to a fish. I mean, come one, let's face it!! You cannot hold them, you can't fondle them. How do you talk to a fish? What good are they. As I was sitting the tank up, I wondered what the heck was I going to do with fish. I absolutely love these little guys. The minute I spotted this species at the store I said, I gotta have one of these.

Mine are babies yet. But when I saw a mature Oranda 'sloshing' around the aquarium, I thought, what fun!! These guys are natural born clowns.

I could not resist, I bought 4. My question is. Is a 20 gal. tank adequate for 4 orandas when they get to be 10 inches? I will be going to a larger tank, I just know I will. I suppose I could transfer them to larger setting. For the meantime I know that they can coexist quite nicely in 20 gallons. Should fish be transferred from one tank to another?

Does anybody know of an Oranda chat group on the web? Also can anyone point me to a site concerning setting up tanks. I am really, really new to all this. And their are so many products on the shelf, I was overwhelmed. Where can I go to learn.

Bil

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES