SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

newbe with a thank you & a couple more questions

just1morehosta
16 years ago

Hello to all of you who answered my question and sent me to the right place for answers,and you were all right, i think i may get hooked.I would like to say you are all so nice here on this post,really,really nice,i don't feel so bad asking questions now.Now that i have an idea of what i can do,i will give it a try.So here is my story:I only grow Hosta and some ferns,i have about 2000 in my yard,we are getting ready to put up a greenhouse and i want to get some ideas on starting seeds,when i found this site,it seemed so much more appealing to me than starting seeds in a greenhouse,and sounds much easier.My question is this,If i order my seeds now,will i have enough time to winter sow them by the time i get the seeds?Also i will be ordering from a catlog called,"Select Seeds"is this a good catalog to order from?I will give you all a list of seeds i want to try,TRY, to start, would you mind telling me if you think it is a good choice and will they be easy?So here we go.

1.'America'Sweet Pea

2.'Chatsworth'Sweet Pea

3.'Frolic'Sweet Pea

4.'Mollie Rilestone'Sweet Pea

5.Tobacco 'Suaveolens'

6.Tobacco 'Jasmin'

7.Cosmos 'Psyche White'

8.Flax 'Blue Dress'

9.Poppy 'Heirloom'

10.Poppy-Peony 'White Cloud'

11.Salvia-Annual Clary 'Marble Arch Rose'

12.Salvia-Gentain Sage 'Cambridge Blue'

13.Snow on the Mountain[Euphorbia marginata]

14.Spanish Flag [Mina lobata ]

I would love to have a pale pink,blue and white garden.I also wanted to plant Jack-in the Pulpit, but could not find seed for them, can they only be started from root?

Well, there you have it,i know this sounds like a lot to ask, but i really do appreciate all the help you all give out so kindly.

I also have started a worm bin in my kitchen.:0)

I am starting to save my milk cartons and soda bottles and any thing else i think will work.

Thanks to all of you,Just1morehosta

Comments (9)

Sponsored