SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aachenelf

Echinacea paradoxa......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

aachenelf z5 Mpls
13 years ago

This plant has been a complete dud for me since the day I planted it years ago. Why I don't simply yank it out and move on is beyond me, but I guess I keep hoping. The growth is weak, the flowers not that interesting if it blooms at all, each spring it barely comes back, but somehow manages to do so. It's planted in the same general vicinity as my other Echinaceas, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

So is anyone totally and completely in love with this species and doing fantastically with it? Would love to hear your experiences.

Kevin

Comments (4)

• echinaceamaniac
    13 years ago

It does great for me here. I have it in full sun. It never needs extra water. It seems very hardy.

• linlily
    13 years ago

I love mine too. It seems to need two years to get established, but after it does, it blooms well every year. Mine is in full sun and doesn't get any special treatment.

• dandy_line (Z3b N Cent Mn)
    13 years ago

Same problem with mine out here in the sticks. I think it completely disappeared this year for good.

• ninamarie
    13 years ago

Mine flourishes in full sun and rather poor soil with no additional water or fertilizer. Keep it on the lean side and it should improve. It's a nice plant.