SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perfectcircle

New to African Violets!

PerfectCircle
10 years ago

Hello! Been a long time lurker of this site. I've been owning and growing Cacti for awhile now. But just like all the other women in my family, I can't avoid the calling of AV's.
Here's where the Newbie part starts to kick in. When it comes to most little things in life, I get very obsessive very fast. No in between lol! So after a lot of looking I've found Lyndon Lyon. And after a lot of narrowing down I've picked 17 plants that I'm IN LOVE with. Is that way too many to start with? At the same time that websites summer shipping is gonna end soon which will cause things to get a lot more expensive.
I live in Minnesota and we have freezing winters. My room is smaller with just one window with Western exposure. I'm assuming they'd be too cold on the window. So how far away can they be from my window and still get sufficient lighting. That's my biggest worry. Everything seems basic.

I'm VERY excited to start this hobby. I can post the plants I plan on buying if anyone is interested! (:
Sorry if this post is repetitive, I've gone through a lot of the threads, but I do everything on my phone!

Comments (13)