SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sideone_gw

PLEASE help Identify these fish - Ty

19 years ago

Since I had help before in identifing the American Flag Fish that i found in my dads pond, i went looking for more a few days ago...

I wanted to get there before this next freze hit. not sure how the fish do and wanted to get more flagfish. I only had males (thank you Luxum for the ID).

Couldnt find a decent net anywhere that was sturdy enough with small enough holes so went to walmart and bought some netting from the fabric department (was CHEAP). I used a long handled net and went 'fishing'.

I was hoping for more AFF. i waded out with my boots until it was about 1 inch from filling my boot with very cold water. used it like a cast net since i couldnt see into the water (was about to rain).

After the second scoop, i had 7 little fish that i thought were AFF and was HAPPY to say the least. I put em in the bucket and kept trying for as many as possible.

After about 20 tries, i had about 18 fish. it started raining so i stopped (drenched!)

took em home and placed them in the tank with the male AFF and now im not sure what they are. I know for sure that two of them are female flagfish but the rest look like very tiny bream.

their eyes are bright orange and they have vertical stripes, some have a very clear small dot near the edge of their gills.

ive looked on google and couldnt find a match, so im asking your help once again.

So if anyone is up to it and can indentify these, i'd certainly appreciate it.

Also caught a young yellow sailfin mollie male (was happy about that too)!

Thanks agian in advance for your help,

david

if I get a better pic, ill post it.

I just dont know what AFF fry look like.

{{gwi:374149}}

{{gwi:374150}}

Thanks,

David

Comments (23)

Sponsored