SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njdpo

Happy Holidays everyone !!!

njdpo
14 years ago

Hi all,

During the holidays the family all got together for Christmas and it was just great  I hope your holidays were nice as well.

Even my distant son stopped over with his pregnant wife and during our get together - she decides sheÂs gonna have the baby. So the son and I step outside to warm up the car (to go to the hospital) while the ladies get coated up and ready, and as I step outside  what do I see?!

!!!! OH MY GOD !!!!

The throttle cable on my tractor is frozen up! CARP, I hate when that happens. Well kid - youÂre on your own, IÂve got bigger problems to deal with.

So as you can imagine ...

IÂm wondering if any of you have any magic recipes for unfreezing frozen throttle cables. I ended up using WD-40 which didnÂt help. Followed by one or two warmer days  which I ended putting a little motor oil on the cable.

Unfortunately this tractor spends most of its time outside. So IÂm still wondering if there is a good procedure for protecting the cables from freezing up. I realize there are no guarantees for a tractor that sits outside...

Anyway  thanks for your input on the frozen throttle cable problem.

Oh yeah - the son seems to be mad at me for some reason (never did find out if it was a boy or girl)... if any of you have any practical advice for me on this issue - I'm willing to consider that advice as well. ( But lets make the frozen throttle cable the initial priority of this thread please ).

Thanks again - Dave

Comment (1)

Sponsored