SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diana_noil

Limbs cracking off of Ash(?) Tree? Help?

diana_noil
15 years ago

There are two trees side by side that straddle the property line between my and my neighbors and are about 10 feet from each other. I would guess that both are about 75 feet tall. I bought this house last year and I have mentioned to my dad multiple times that there seem to be an extraordinary amount of branches that fall from these two trees that I am always picking up from the yard.

Earlier today, the tree to the west lost two medium size limbs. (Today was a calm day, no high wind) The one that fell into my yard this morning was large enough to rip the phone line from my house when it hit it. The other one fell in my neighbors yard this evening and was not huge around, but was at least 10 feet long.

And then tonight... this happened from the tree to the east:

{{gwi:292384}}

This is my neighbor's driveway, their house in the background and the corner of mine which is green in the foreground. This car has sustained serious damage but thankfully no one was standing there when it came down and both the houses are fine.

I went out tonight and pulled leaves from both trees to try to identify them and I believe they are both Ash.

Thoughts??? What is going on???? There is a HUGE limb on that east tree that hangs right over my house and I am worried

Comments (4)