SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericwi

Ariens snowblower review-ST624E

ericwi
15 years ago

We recently bought a new snowblower, and it has been used several times, so here is a review for anyone interested. This model is 24 inches wide, has two stages, and a 195cc Tecumseh ohv engine. The two wheels, with snow tires, are engine driven. It has both electric start(plug in, no battery) and a manual pull cord. We have 200 feet of sidewalk, here in the city, but the real reason for buying an expensive snowblower is that the city snowplows routinely leave a windrow of compressed snow and ice at the foot of the driveway, about 4 feet wide, and up to 20 inches deep. I am happy to report that the Ariens went right through the windrow of compressed snow, and also went through three foot high piles of snow left by the snowplow at the end of the sidewalk. This machine is rather large, heavy, and awkward to maneuver. Sort of like driving a truck. But it starts on the first pull. I have yet to use the electric start feature. As expected, it easily clears the sidewalks, however, the steel auger blades do not scrape the surface so there is still a thin layer of snow left, maybe 3/16 inch thick. It does the job, and I am happy with it.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions