SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bragu

Note to newbies, lurkers ...

bragu_DSM 5
10 years ago

First of all, welcome to this forum.

It is indeed a wonderful place.

Very soon, if you have not experienced it already, you will share our pain of too many violets, and too little space.

This wisdom shared on these pages is novel (non fiction) worthy.

This forum has some great info, and the experiences related herein are wide and varied. I would strongly recommend going to the LAST page in this forum, and read the threads there, and then work your way forward. It is interesting how much information you can learn by reading, as the topics roll by. Pretty soon, you will actually learn the answers to some of the questions as they appeared years ago ... like soil mix ... choosing a pot size ... how often to repot. It's really cool when you read a question, and say to yourself 'hey I think I know the answer' and then there it is. There is also a tool on each post that will allow you to clip an article (Don't forget to hit save at the bottom of the clip), allowing you to build your own reference library. You can save it as a reference for others to refer to when they read your bio in your public clipping library, or save it in your very own private reference library. I just love this feature.

This is why I suggest starting at the end and working your way forward. As more stuff is posted on page 1, stuff gets pushed off the end (the last page). Clip something, and its saved for posterity ... or whatever.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

Don't forget to post pix, we love to see yet another plant we want to add to our personal collections. Also join the violet society, save 5 bucks if you join before Nov 1 rolls around, as the annual dues will inch up to $35 yearly. And you get a magazine (i.e., drool cloth) every couple months ... and more.

But I digress ...

ÃÂ.ÃÂ --~

dave

Comments (16)