SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdsnblooms

Fred, and anyone else who knows AV sizes. (S)

birdsnblooms
15 years ago

Hey Fred, where have you been?

Do you mind if I ask where you find descriptions/sizes of AV's? The reason I'm asking is, yesterday, I jotted down a complete list of all my Av's, those with names. My goal was to find sizes..Standard/Large, etc.

Went back to my first post, looking for names/sizes you so generously took time to type. But there are still some AV's I can't find, even after spending a couple hours browsing the 4 nurseries new AV's were purchased.

If you or anyone else can help I'd apprecaite it.

One other thing, there are a few violets listed on sites that were coined Standards. The problem is, you listed the same violets as Large. I'm confused. LOL.

There are only a few:

Midnight Valentine

Ness Orange Pekoe

Jean Pierre Croteau

Also, I've seen the term, 'Large Standard' named for a few violets..Is the name self-explanatory? Is a Large Standard a size somewhere between Standard and Large?

One other thing. Do you recall me mentioning a violet won on Ebay with letters/numbers written on the cup/pot? Someone said it sounded like an ID number, (of seller) not the name of the plant.

It read, CZ0499 on the pot/cup, in marker.

Ironically, while browsing Violet Gallery, sure enough, CZ0499 popped up as the name of violet. It's under Senks. Unfortunately, it couldn't be clicked to open picture.

Here are the violets I can't find descriptions/sizes and would apprecaite help:

Simpler Times

Blue is Blue

Evening Splender

Thanks so much..Toni

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz