SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stanleyjohn_gw

First year with my JD LA100 comes to an end

stanleyjohn
16 years ago

Cutting season is now over here in CT when i finished bagging the leaves this past weekend.Here is a bit of a review for my first year with my new tractor.Except for the one time that it wouldn't start and i had to unstuck the engine!all went well.Since i mow about 1 acre with about 1 hr each time i put on about 30 hrs this year.80% of the time i bagged and the other 20% mulched.I removed the deck and gave it a real good cleaning for winter storage.I did notice a few places underneath where the paint peeled off and had some surface rust in a few spots.Not sure if its normal to see only after 1 year!I did clean with the hose after each cutting but later in the season i just used the blower.I will be putting a fresh undercoat of paint in the spring!unless maybe my warranty will cover a fresh new coat.No rust anywhere else and the belts still look like new.I drained the gas and ran it dry.!battery is still connected!will disconnecting the battery and storing it in a warm place help it last longer??.Well! 1 year done and hopefully many more to come.

Comments (6)

Sponsored