SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Ugh! I just don't want to do this!

mxk3 z5b_MI
10 years ago

The renovations are starting this week and do you think I got all that stuff dug up while I was on vacation? HA! I just don't want to be bothered with it. I dragged myself out there yesterday evening and in about 3 hours got the pottery taken care of on the patio and about 1/3 of the bed areas where I need to get cleared/plants saved. I'm going to slather myself with sunscreen and head out there in a few minutes, but I only have about 5 hours today. I doubt it will all get done. Maybe a couple hours after work tomorrow.

My biggest problem is I just don't feel like digging up all that stuff, it's a lot of work. I feel guilty scrapping all the plants, though, and can't afford to replace all of it, and I do have a LOT of nice stuff. I am going to give away some of the plants, though. While I was out there yesterday I realized I need to make some changes - a lot of this stuff has been in place for 10+ years and can use some re-design/re-arranging. So it's a good project in that sense, having to dig is forcing me to thin out stuff, toss others. But man all this work is a drag....

Comments (8)