{{gwi:285553}}

{{gwi:208052}}

{{gwi:285554}}

{{gwi:285555}}

{{gwi:285556}}

Comments (10)

• sherryocala
    13 years ago

Very beautiful, Florence. I love Nur Mahal's big red flowers and the clusters. They really cheer me up. Thanks for posting.

Sherry

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

I think Lavender Lassie is one of my favorite roses that I don't grow. It's absolutely gorgeous but hybrid musks hate my heat and LL doesn't rebloom enough for me, but I love seeing it in others' garden photos.

Ingrid

• daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres
    13 years ago

Florence, They are gorgeous. Nur Mahal is a lovely rich colour, and the softer tones of Lavender Lassie and New Dawn look perfect with it.
    The only one of these that I have, is New Dawn. She is climbing an apricot tree and doing very well.
    Thank-you for showing us these.
    Daisy

• rosefolly
    13 years ago

Very pretty, Zeffy!

• gnabonnand
    13 years ago

Florence, you made my day with those pics. I rarely have time to visit GardenWeb anymore, but very glad I did today. Your garden looks so good & I have always enjoyed seeing what you are up to! Especially enjoyed those pics of 'Nur Mahal', which over the years has become indespensible for me. I have two of them, one on either side of the house, and my garden would not be nearly as enjoyable without them. If I could only grow three roses, one would be 'Nur Mahal'.

Randy

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone-----I'm really enjoying Nur Mahal this year---lots of healthy blooms even in this heat.
    I notice ND seems to be "balling" which I've never noticed before----

Randy---nice to hear from you---hope all is well with you.

Florence

• mendocino_rose
    13 years ago

Florence, How beautiful! Don't you think I need to plant Nur Mahal?

• zeffyrose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pam---I do think you need Nur Mahal----if it does well in your area---It can tolerate shade--

this bush is from a cutting that Anniesbriars sent to me a few years ago---I've been very happy with it---although last year it did lose most of its leaves but bounced back this year.
    Florence

• gnabonnand
    13 years ago

Interesting that you mentioned that, Florence. My Nur Mahal has proven to tolerate shade well too. And a bit of partial shade helps keep its blooms from crisping so fast from hot summer sun too. Here in Texas, the plant loves full sun as much as all roses do, but our summer sun fries its beautiful blooms very quickly. So, thankfully, it does partial sun well.
    It's the only rose I've ever been successful at epaliering against a privacy fence. A fairly vigorous habit that is also very easy to maintain. Mine is 100% thornless, so that helps too. Prune it with your bare hands without a single scratch. Mine does have some scent, but its definitely not strong to my nose. That surprised me when I first got it, because Liz Druitt says it's very strong to her nose. But we all know noses are weird like that, because some people say they can't smell 'Heritage' when it's always present and always strong to me.

• harborrose_pnw
    13 years ago

Florence, those are lovely. I love that little star shaped birdhouse. One day my roses will be grown up too, fingers crossed. Gean