SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molineux_gw

Louise Odier or Mme. d'Enfert?

Molineux
14 years ago

I'm disappointed with MME. ERNEST CALVAT. Lovely flowers but the black spot has hit the foliage something fierce. She is the first rose to get it this year and I'm not too happy about that. I spray, but not every week. About once every two to three weeks. Thusly, through a process of elimination, I only keep roses that can handle that schedule and keep approximately 2/3 of its foliage.

La Madame de Shovel demands satisfaction!

So I'm thinking of replacing it with another Bourbon. Yes, yes I know - the Bourbons tend to be vunerable to black spot, but certainly there must be another cool pink Bourbon that can handle infrequent spraying? SOUVENIR DE LA MALMAISON, for example, handles it just fine.

So what about LOUISE ODIER or MME. D'ENFERT? Both are cool pinks with the gracefully arching bushes that I'm lusting after. As far as remontancy goes it doesn't have to keep up with say a Hybrid Tea, but some repeat is essential. I'm especially interested in Madame d'Enfert, which has Duchesse d'Auerstandt as a parent - a cultivar well known for its disease resistance.

Thanks,

Patrick

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21