SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yodiana

Clean Falling Rose Petal Variety or Type?

yodiana
12 years ago

Although I've had roses in front of my house for over 6 years (gardener tended to); I'm new to gardening and am starting to take notice of their beauty. I'd like to add a couple more to the front but mainly add a few to the backyard.

Can someone tell me if there is a particular title, name or variety (not sure what term to use here?) I should search under for roses with petals that fall cleanly? Meaning as the blossoms get older, the petals aren't falling off individually and all over the ground? Or is there something I can should look for; in order to tell if that type of rose does that?

I have a pretty (white climber) rose in the front with petals that literally crumbles to the ground once the blossom fully matures. I also have a huge bougainvillea that I have to clean after constantly, so I'm trying to avoid adding to the mess.

The two I know I'm adding is a Sally Holmes and Don Juan. Already have them and love them both.

Below is a list of favorites from others on this forum I'm contemplating. Can you please look at the list and tell me if any of the roses have petals that fall easily and I should avoid?

Rose List

============

1) Fragrant Cloud

2) Buff Beauty

3) Golden Celebration

4) Jacques Cartier

5) Jude the Obscure

6) Lyda Rose

7) Mister Lincoln

My preferences:

============

1) blossomed petals fall intact or cleanly

2) fragrance

3) hardy

4) disease resistant

5) repeat bloomer

6) can be grown in container

7) shade tolerant

8) cut flower

9) thornless

Are there any roses that you could recommend for me? Thank you for all your help!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH