SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

Miracle Gro LIQUAFEED question

piper101
14 years ago

Hi Rose buddies,

Normally I'm an organic Dr. Earth fertilizer person. SITUATION: I'm having family company coming from out of town in 5 weeks so I thought I would put a liquid concentrate fertilizer on my roses and flowering patio pots. The Miracle Gro Liquafeed seemed like an easy idea and I don't have to make a special trip to my favorite nursery. So I see the "kit" and the refill bottles. I have a Gilmore concentrate mixer, attach the hose, select mixing rate (from 1.5 tsp to 48tsp. and and 22 settings in between from 1 oz. to 9 oz. etc.) therefore I didn't want to buy their kit when I already have a good dilution sprayer. So I think, great I'll buy their 4 back and figure out the setting when I get home. Of course, Miracle Gro on the bottle and on their website must have a proprietory mixing formula because it doesn't say it any where on the literature. I do know the bottle says 12-4-8 and the bottle is 16 oz (.0473 ml). Of course it only wants us to use their attachment feeder only.

I know it won't help my roses in time but if anyone has a suggestion of what you think the dilution rate would be, it would be helpful. I've got at least 30 potted plants in my yard that would be nice to really have looking good. I'm in So.Calif so many have bloomed already this year but I'd like to extend it or encourage them to "hurry up" and bloom again. This chemical fertilizer thing is not my norm as I'm happy with what I use but for this occasion, I thought it a good idea. Thank you for your insight! Nicole

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio