SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bubbledragon

Mini/Semi mini trailer pots?

bubbledragon
16 years ago

Hi everyone!

I made an order of leaves a while back, and what do you know? I got the mini trailer "Tiny Wood Trail" as a bonus! And, boy, these leaves are tiny!

Now, I have some time yet as only just yesterday I got mouse ears, but I'd like to know what kind of pots you keep these "small" trailers in. I know the multi-crowns can make the plant as a whole very very large, but what about the root system? I imagine, as I've read, the shallower pots are best.

I imagine I'll keep it in a 2 oz condiment cup for a good while as it gets established, but then what? What's the next step up? Should I look for a plastic pot tray - what you'd sit a normal pot on? Will this be deep enough? Maybe some kind of short cottage cheese container?

In a pinch, could I use a "regular" pot with the diameter I want, and bump up the soil level with lots of perlite at the bottom, so that the soil doesn't stay too soggy?

Like I said, there's plenty of time, I just want to be prepared. :o)

Finally, one more question - I've read that the mini-trailers don't like ripping their crowns out to encourage new crown growth - does anyone have specific experience with Tiny Wood Trail? Does it sucker easily? Sorry for all the questions - I'm a first timer, and while this might be difficult for a newbie, I'd like to get a lot of knowledge before I make my attempt at successfully growing this one! I've got to at least try. :o)

Thanks a bunch,

Sara

Comment (1)