SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
violetgrey

Violet Grey and Cloudy Days

10 years ago

Last year, I signed up on a waiting list for a band of Charles de Gaulle. I received an email 2 days ago of my 1st dibs. I jumped at the opportunity. I also bought Vol de Nuit.

Any feedback, experiences or photos of these 2 please!!!

Garden Observations, Thoughts, Questions:

2 Italian Cypress in my front yard. One on either side of Belinda's Dream. They are maybe 4'-5' height.
Are they expensive in your state? I was able to buy them at a 50%. They are pricey but adds a luxe touch to any garden.

Duchesse de Brabant. - newly planted from The Antique Rose Emporium - thinking of planting the violet greys in the same circular bed (Charles de Gaulle & Vol de Nuit).

My husband planted fruit trees in the backyard: Guava 'Psidium', Papaya, Avocado 'Zutano', Meyer Lemon Improved.
I have been watering them deeply. How often?

Salvia 'Caradonna' - as beautiful as 'East Friesland' love it

Planted sweet basil, rosemary, Spanish Lavender, & Heliotrope near Duchesse de Brabant

Horse manure delivered by a
friend late at night. My roses thanked me in the morning.

Hmm, are Yolande d'Aragon and Emmanuela de Mouchy
must-haves? Entice me.

The free seed packet I received with a purple reindeer moss order (Hirt's via Amazon) is now a Claude Monet worthy giant sunflower. A beauty indeed.

Eden (Pierre Ronsard) was a measly band from Heirloom. It is climbing now along the backyard shed column. No buds yet.

Zephirine Drouhin over 6 feet tall training as a climber near front door. It is green and healthy. Again no buds. This one from a fall order - The Antique Rose Emporium.

Coneflowers 'Cheyenne Spirit' yay or nay?

Lastly, What's the Madame Isaac Pereire's deal?
She is finicky & uptight (yet quite refined).

This post was edited by mauvegirl8 on Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 22:38

Comments (8)