SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baymee

Cub Cadet M50S Tank Parts Availability, Poor

baymee
14 years ago

Had a Cub Cadet Commercial "Tank" ZTR in the shop for repair.

The operator hit something hard with the deck and in its backward travel, bent an external part on the left side of the Hydro Gear transmission, called the "scissors". The scissors are stamped sheet metal and easily removable.

Went to the IPL for the machine and saw they weren't itemized. Called the dealer, Cub Cadet, MTD, Gardner (a vendor for Hydro Gear transmissions) and was going in circles for about two hours. Spoke with two separate techs within 10 minutes and they gave me different part numbers for the same part, but neither were recognized by the computer at Cub's sales office. The order taker said she would walk down to Cub and call me back. I guess she kept walking. Called the dealer again and he found the parts on the IPL, was going to order them, and called back and said they parts were no longer available.

There was one prominent solution. Buy a new transmission for $1100 !! Remember now, we're talking about two pieces of stamped steel that were damaged and easily removed from the exterior of the transmission.

What does these machines cost? 3, 4, 5 thousand ??

The best part is that this machine was built in March, 2006 and some parts are already no longer available.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions