SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy_tomato

Have I killed my plant by repotting? :(

happy_tomato
11 years ago

This is my first AF plant and I'm now worried if I've done something very wrong so any help would be awesome!! ...:(

I bought it when it was in bloom and it was in a small pot (probably the right pot for its size anyway). But at the time it was before I started reading up material about caring for AVs. So a week into getting the plant I made my first mistake by repotting it in a pot that's way too big think it would look better (around 4-5" pot)... Another month or so later I started to notice fungus gnats on the soil (most likely because of over watering.. My second big mistake).. I tried drying the soil which didn't work... Also tried the hydrogen peroxide method which did nothing... At the end I was so frustrated and worried I decided repotting completely.. And since I knew the plant should've been in a smaller pot anyway I decided to plot it down to a 3" pot.

It's been around 2 weeks since I repotted and the leaves are getting droopier by the day. First it was just the outer leaves but today I noticed the plant in general is a bit droopy.. The baby leaves aren't looking too healthy either with burnt spots all over... I stopped watering from above the soil and use the water dish method to let it absorb water from below. The plant is currently blooming again...

Should I be worried? What can I do?

Thanks a tonne in advance!! :)

Comments (7)