SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

What to Plant - Mostly Sunny Front Walkway

Laurie
12 years ago

I just had major landscaping work done at my home. One of the things the landscaper did was create beds on either side of my front walkway leading to my front door.

The area gets sun, starting from the sidewalk and making it's way up the walkway, from approximately 10:am for most of the day.

I'd like to stick with perennials and not a wild color scheme. The house is sort of a yellowish color with brown trim, Craftsman style. Also, having plants which are easy to care for, low maintenance is important. I don't want to have to deal with splitting them down the road, or any which tend to attract major pests since it'a walkway.

I am thinking of waiting until the weather cools at this point to take advantage of the 1/2 price sales at the garden centers, but am trying to get ideas now.

BTW - I purposely didn't want him to plant these beds for me. While having him do the larger trees/shrubs made sense - doing the smaller things would save me money and give me more of a personal stamp on the house.

Comments (4)