SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lvcs4

Honda GCV530 loss of power

LVCS4
11 years ago

Hello,

I've read the post >>> http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tractor/msg0413245423468.html

and have the same problem but unfortunately I've not yet found the solution.

I have a 10 year old lawn tractor with the Honda twin GCV530 (16hp) engine. She ran fine for about 8 years and over the last 2 has started to show loss of power. She always starts up no probs with a bit of choke (which is quickly turned off) but pops a bit and when you engage the deck there's a noticeable power drop - try and cut "longish" grass and she'll die on you.

She'll start with either cylinder 1 or 2 HT lead attached and will increase in revs for one but die if you try to increase the revs whilst only the other lead is connected - so it seems that I have an issue with one cylinder - which would explain the lack of power etc.

I've added an in-line fuel switch, have cleaned the carb 3 times (+ twice by two different garages) and I've recently replaced spark plugs and the 2 HT leads and ignition coils as I had less "spark" on one cylinder than the other but the problem is still the same ............... what do I do/check/replace next???

I haven't checked the diodes mentioned in the other post as 1-don't really know where they are and 2-I assume that if broken they would stop not let the plugs spark at all (I had both cylinders sparking but one seemed to be much less than the other).

Help please as the grass is growing and this is driving me nuts....thanks in advance.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County