SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grijon

How do YOU warm up your tractor?

Grijon
9 years ago

Hello all,

I'm curious as to how individuals on this forum warm up their machines prior to mowing; there are some obviously expert operators and mechanics and I'd love to hear what they use and how they use them! To start with, how do YOU start your mowing day/job?

I (who make no claims of expert status) have a ~2006 John Deere LT160 with a 42" side-discharge deck and 16-hp single cylinder engine. I'm currently putting about 120 hours a year on the clock, almost exclusively mowing; I occasionally pull a small trailer that I use for collecting small tree limbs/sticks that I've trimmed on the property I take care of.

I always check the oil before using any OPE. For the first start of the day I almost always follow the same procedure: after starting, I reduce throttle to half and pull out of the shed to level ground a few seconds away, where I fuel up for the day. I know it's recommended to fuel AFTER using, but I haven't had any condensation problems that I know of. The tractor runs in the half-throttle position for 1-3 minutes while I do that, then I throttle up to full and go about my business.

What do YOU do?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions