SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murraygrowingmoss

GT5000 update

MurrayGrowingMoss
15 years ago

Howdy folks Just wanted to pop in and give a 5th season update on how the GT5000 is holding up.

The machine is the GT5000, manual trans, 48" deck, 25hp Kohler that was bought in the spring of 2003 and is now reaching its 5th completed season with no problems to speak of..

I have had to replace an idler pulley on the deck for I got water in the bearing washing it (my fault, I knew better just got lazy one day) and one new set of blades.. Still running penz 30wt oil and wix filters all around. Just about time for break pucks now, I ordered them last season and have them ready to go when needed..

Still running the same set super lugs, and have not had to replace any belts yet, the blades take a beating with my sandy soil and have to be replaced about every 4 years for the lift wing on the back edge gets blasted off.

And on a side note: The $80.00 craftsman weed eater I bought with the tractor in 2003 is also still running great and starts on the second pull even after setting through the winter, nice, cheap and gets the job done. I have also not had to do anything to it other than line and fuel...

There are photos of the tractor in the gallery. The last I looked they were on page 2, if you want to see what it looked like in 2003. Ill try to get some updated photos up to show what it looks like now 5 seasons later sitting under nothing more than a tractor cover under the tree all this time (4 years This might be fun.... :)

Getting popcorn rain showers here in Dallas, Mesquite area now. At 12:15pm 9-2-2008 was the first shower here due to Gustav...hope we get more..

Bob

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions