SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Let's talk about hoses!

mxk3 z5b_MI
14 years ago

As I've moaned too many times to count before, I *hate* watering - I absolutely detest it! It is a necessary chore, and I only do it when I have to. No money for an automatic sprinkler system, either - had one at my other house, I think that's why I hate watering so much, because I got spoiled with the inground system.

Anyway, my hose is getting really stiff and kinking easily and starting to show signs of cracking, so I think it's time to replace (hey, it's lasted me almost fifteen years - probably because I avoid using it LOL - so I can't complain about that!).

What do you guys think about the coil hoses? I'm thinking of one of those to water the patio plants with the watering wand (not to attach a sprinkler to). Any rants/raves for these type hoses for light-duty watering?

Anyone have the lightweight hoses from Gardener's Supply? Do these seem ridiculously overpriced or is that what hoses cost nowadays? Maybe I can find an on-line coupon if those seem like good hoses. Need a "regular" hose to attach the sprinkler to.

Any other hoses (brands, types) you can recommend? What should I *not* get?

Oh, and Ken, yes I have the directions for the DIY hook-ups you posted about some time ago (but I still need a hose).

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardener's Supply hose

Comments (27)