SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
echinaceamaniac

Even More Echinacea Blooms!

echinaceamaniac
15 years ago

Here are my latest blooms from my coneflowers I crossed last year. These are my favorites so far. Some of them aren't fully opened yet, but they look so interesting to me.

{{gwi:253267}}This one is just the result of planting After Midnight seeds in January. Only 3 seeds germinated. My first one to bloom looks so much like After Midnight that nobody could tell them apart. I'm going to save seeds from this one and see if I get even better results. So far this one is shorter and healthier than the original!

{{gwi:253268}}This one is a cross between White Swan and Pink Double Delight. The cool thing about it is that it has a yellow cone (should turn orange) and it is starting to get white petals in between all the yellow in the cone! It's going to be so interesting to watch this one develop. It's going to be double, but it still has the colors of the cone in place. All my other doubles don't have this color in the middle. I'll post more photos when it is a mature bloom. It has the double petals in the middle developing and the leaves and number of blooms look like Double Delight, but the bloom color looks like White Swan!

{{gwi:206377}}This one is from a cross between After Midnight and Summer Sky. The blooms are so intense in color. The plants are about a foot tall. The blooms have red streaks in the orange petals. The backs of the petals are a wine color. The stems are a darker color too. Everyone likes this one the best. I'm really surprised that this one has this coloring. I thought it would be pink. It's much prettier than Summer Sky to me.

Comments (9)