SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

From this morning, 4 roses, 2 other, tried 2 make fast load

aliska12000
15 years ago

First, I've mentioned here and there that if your flowers (not just white) are in bright sunlight, on several camera models it helps to turn the exposure compensation down to -2/3 (what I use now but sometimes still blows out a little) or -1. Other cameras may meter for bright sunlight better. I shoot in RAW which gives me 1 stop latitude if I don't get the exposure exactly right.

I was going to lament and ask about it that Veilchenblau is pink and not purple, but it turns purple just before the blossoms fry. For here I have a nice double trellis I want to set up for next year but it has to sit out about 1' at the least and I would rather not drill holes in my fireplace chimey so am in a quandry how to secure it, would rather not lean them against the bricks but can do that. V gets very little sun and came from ARE, own-root, new last year, hardly any tip dieback and no winter protection.

{{gwi:280670}}

Now on the Evelyn thread I posted what I thought was Evelyn but now think it might be Miss Alice. A gal just out of landscaping school planted these others for me, then made a map, but I KNOW some are wrong, some are right, and not sure about the others. So I think this is Miss Alice, haven't seen her talked about, buds a little fried from something.

{{gwi:280671}}

From a 25-cent pack of seeds, Coreopsis, this year some are double, was going to sp them but kind of like them mixed in w/roses now, am going to cut back when first ones are done blooming.

{{gwi:280672}}

This one is Summer Dream, was going to get rid of it, but maybe the spike of color is ok here, plus it's been one of the least troublesome, very healthy so far. The blooms are smaller than they looked online when I bought it.

{{gwi:280673}}

I'm not sure what this one is, but I sure like it. It is either Hyde Hall, Wisley or don't know. The ones I'm sure about are Charlotte, Dark Lady, Rosemoor (don't like it and not doing well) of the original 12. Those all came from Pickering.

{{gwi:280674}}

Finally Rooguchi gone crazy, new last year, had to buy a shepherd's hook to keep it off the roses until I can get my arbor back up, if ever.

{{gwi:280675}}

Comments (2)