SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shoregrowin

A winter sower's workout Who needs the gym?

shoregrowin
15 years ago

Ok, so I'm trying to live a bit healthier than in the past, but I'm not giving up everything! I quit the cigs (5 months Feb. 3rd- thank you very much!), I've been eating better and also attempting to get some type of exercise in daily. Well guess what? Winter sowing has been kicking my butt! Here's the break down:

Standing on tippytoes and stretching, leaning in to snatch some containers from the recycle bins- feel that tightening your calves and rear? The arm "wattle"- whatever that fatty flesh that wiggles when you wave at someone- is getting a toning there too. You don't have that particular problem? God love ya and pray you don't EVER!

Lugging bags of pro mix and hyponex up the stairs from the basement- that's just like lifting weights AND doing a stairmaster at the same time. What's with those anyway? I don't get it...

Wetting and mixing soil- first I fill a 2 gallon watering can and mix the soil in an under the bed container. See arm wattle above and also lifting weights again. Stirring that all up gets you a nice little twisting motion going which is good for your abs and back, especially if you have some awesome tunes on that make you want to boogie. Go for it!

Bending up and down when taking containers outside. Work those legs and touch your toes while you're down there. Here again I have steps to deal with and on a good days sowing I'm up and down them TOO many times to count.

You also will be out there checking for sprouts a bazillion times- yes, you will. More great exercise- go check 'em again! Breathe in that fresh air- that's so good for your lungs and general well being. If the sun is shining, you are also getting some vitamin D just by winter sowing- GO YOU!!!

Planting out all those lovely green babies is an ongoing exercise program. Nuff said there...

Now that I've been so busy getting my winter sowers workout, I can kick back and do some 12 ounce curls. My arms needed a little more help, the wattle thing has gotta go!

What kind of workout tips do you have?

Shore

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!