SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Black and Blue Salvia and how do you clean rime off pots?

aliska12000
14 years ago

A twofer.

Just got done ordering 3 Black and Blue Salvia from Burpee. It will only grow as an annual in my zone, but some say worth it. Price is a little steep, 3 (plants only no seeds) for $16.75 and their shipping is steep. It looks purple in their catalog and not real blue on their website but should be the real deal. I think it's the Salvia Guaranitica I saved a photo of found around here.

Also ordered seeds, 2 pkts Blue Star Columbine, 1 Heavenly Blue Morning Glory, 1 pkt Burpee's Big Boy Tomato, and 1 pkt Sweet Pepper Maxibelle, wanted a couple more things but time to quit.

You can only order online until Jan 4 when they reopen. Toll free # is 1-800-888-1447.

If you order from Burpee, be sure to try to get the $5 off coupon code on the inside of the 2010 catalog good thru Jun 30 2010. I guess I'm on their mailing list.

Anyone successfully wintered them over and/or saved seeds? Read it is difficult.

Now what is the easiest way to clean up a bunch of nice gallon pots and saucers I transplanted my geraniums out of, also assorted pots. They've got mineral deposits, rime. Guess the only thing is to soak them in vinegar which would take a lot in a big bucket.

My jugs I guess I'll soak in a storage container filled with water, maybe soap, brush, rinse, then dip in bleach, not going to fuss too much, then dump in toilet as I don't want to clog drains w/dirt.

If I get the worst of it off and soak in bleach & rinse, wouldn't that be ok?

Comments (9)

Sponsored