SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keosika

AV Still Curling, not growing at all?

KeOsika
11 years ago

Back in November-Decemberish, I posted a few photos of my african violet wondering why its leaves were so curled under and why it wasn't getting any bigger. With the help of the community here, we figured out that there were 3 crowns in the pot, and I quickly transplanted them.

I put them in plastic bags as was suggested, and they remained like that for 3 weeks, and then I opened the bag as I was instructed to do. They seemed find, but now, 2 months later, they aren't any bigger and the leaves are still curled under. I put them back in their plastic bags on the windowsill, far enough away so they won't get a draft, but close enough to get sun. They've got some new growth coming up from the center, but for the most part, they aren't growing at all. In fact, one of the crowns died and the other is dying slowly. I had to cut off a few leaves because they were getting moldy and now that poor plant only has 3 baby leaves on it...

I don't have any pictures, so I apologize. I'm having trouble with my camera. With the information I've given though, can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I feel terrible.. I never had a problem with plants until I left my first AV too close to the window in the winter and killed it by accident. Now everything I touch dies... These little clippings are dying, and the baby AV I bought from a nursery died within a few days of buying it... Help? :(

Comments (7)