SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

11 year old JD 110 (I think)

rustyj14
13 years ago

A friend called and saaid his old JD lawn tractor was giving him some problems. Said it would just stop running, for no reason or anything he did. Several minutes later, it will start right up and run for 10 minutes, then the engine will stop again. Sez it misses, and all that.

I have to go look at it tomorrow.

Sez it has a Kohler engine.He don't know if it has a fuel pump. Could it be the fuel pump? I am not well educated on Kohlers. He sez the gasoline is good-no water. Sez the place where he buys his gasoline sez their pumps will shut off if they detect water in the gas! HUH???

I told him to check his gas cans for water.

Well, tomorrow will be the day when i go look at it. RJ

Today, i hauled home a Craftsman lawn tractor that runs but won't move. Found lots of slack in main drive belt, but can't see if any pulleys are broken, or if the belt is off the differential pulley. It is not a hydro. Might be a busted idler pulley-would cause the big amount of slack in belt!

Feller bought a Craftsman self-propelled walk behind mower about a month ago. Brought it back, said it didn;t run. Found the main problem was lack of cover! Rusty mag legs and fly magnets, water in carb and tank, plugged cap.

Cleaned it all up, replaced the magneto with a non rusty one, cleaned fly magnets, changed carb, and it runs well now. He'll be in to get it on Sat. He'll probably say its all my fault. How well do handle-bars fit on yer head?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions