SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzeprich

Huntington Rose - Highly Recommended!

suzeprich
14 years ago

I have to echo JackieO's post about this DA rose. In the first year (last year) it grew well and the roses, though small were multi-petaled beauties, so heavy the branches could barely hold them up. This year she is stronger and making great progress. So many blooms you cannot count them, so many petals each bloom - they are beautiful & the scent, though mild is nice. I cut back the octopus-arching branches pretty hard this Spring and the growth has been beautiful. The leaves are pointed & pretty and here's the best part: we have had a very very wet late spring here in NJ. Raining for the past 2 weeks almost non-stop & there is almost no blackspot. My garden is 100% organic/no spray! This is a low branch - about the worst it gets: {{gwi:279332}}

In contrast, here is a pic of Sharifa Asma's BS, also planted last year & also taken today: {{gwi:279333}}

As an aside, I would still recommend Sharifa, as she is my favorite DA due to the scent and the beautiful flower. I want to give her a couple more years to get stronger, & develop more BS resistance as she is a slow grower and a more petite rose compared to the Huntington Rose factory!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!