SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kippy_the_hippy

Sometimes I wonder

11 years ago

Do you ever have those days you feel like your not the brightest bulb in the box?

I have had 2 garden ones this week, well bigger ones.

First an old friend of my dads from out of state stopped by for a visit. I noticed he sure new a lot of plant names and was very observant. But visited for a few minutes and off they went. Later mom tells me he used to be my dads partner in the landscape design business...sheesh and I needed some guidance on summer pruning! I was a very young back in the days they worked together so the name was familiar, just not why.

Then I finally cut a bouquet of roses to take home. I picked a variety of roses and left. I was enjoying the scent as I drove down the freeway. Someone had said that Jubilee Celebration was said to smell a bit like smoke but I did not notice it when I brought the plant home in a smoked in rental car and said I loved the scent. The traffic on the freeway was coming to a standstill so I got off and took the back road still enjoying the roses...suddenly I detected the scent of smoke. Worse, the scent of forest fire. Holy cow, that gives me nightmares! I have been bummed out that I accidentally picked up a Janet and not Jubilee for the bed I wanted 3 of them in! So maybe I was lucky instead. I was horrified and lost in thought about what I should do with this bed of smokey roses...then I noticed it sure was hazy outside. Really hazy...oh the reason the freeway was at a standstill, a fire.

Anyone else have those moments?

Comments (2)