SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plympton_ma

suggestions on residential front mount tractors needed

14 years ago

I'm getting a shed delivered later this year and have started to look for a new/used lawn tractor to store in it :-)

My lawn is about 3/4 acre with a slope, not scary but sufficient enough that I need pressurized lube (found that out the hard way), lots of edged beds and trees to mow around. I will never need/want any attachments other than (perhaps) bagging. In short, a ZTR that would be good on slopes would be perfect. $3000 is top of budget.

I've looked into the Cub Cadet ZTT and the FMZ 50, which I like a lot. According to my local CC dealer, the FMZs are not available while they work out a few bugs. They've been selling off what was in stock at a steep discount---$5000 marked down to $2800--- but not here in New England.

I've been looking into some of the used front mounted mowers made by Deere but there are so many I can't keep track. Are there any Deere models in particular that represent good value that would be appropriate for my needs? Ones to stay away from?

After the rainy year we've had and the mowing every four days since May, I'm looking forward to getting something faster than my 42" Yard Machine.

Thanks for any advice or opinions!

Comments (8)