SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

What could have gone wrong with this Becky Shasta plant?

aliska12000
14 years ago

I had 3 plants, same order, set them out the summer/fall of 2007 IIRC. The following spring, the second one couldn't quite keep up with the others, shorter, but seemed healthy enough otherwise.

Now it is obviously dying, and before I dig it out, I was wondering what could have gone wrong. I do have a soaker hose in that area and a couple of days could have turned it on too strong in the hot sun, but usually now because of that I put it on very slow drip. Plus I'm not sure that's the answer because the hottest water would have been forced on through and affected the others as well. Oddly the dying one probably gets a little more sun than the others because of the way it is there w/trees and shade part of the day.

The second photo are two of its mates, both have gotten way larger than I wanted (need to deadhead when I can get to it) for there but since it's front and center, it does fill in with lush greenery when not blooming so if I decide to do something different there, I'll have to consider that (would like a couple more roses there and not sure that is a good idea but it is a prime spot for them). The bed was amended with peat and compost 2 years ago.

{{gwi:250650}}

{{gwi:222215}}

Comments (7)