SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
effierose_gw

Need Help Quickly Please! R.E. Quick Retransplanting

effierose
16 years ago

Traditionally young minis in tiny pots are supposed to go first in 1 gallon pots as a transition before their final 5+ gallon pots. Mine always dry out too quickly in Florida heat in ones, so I bought 2 gallon pots in anticipation of my first order. My first order the minis were so huge, when I had to buy more pots before the arrival of my second order I went up to 3 gallons. I've been outside mixing up a batch of potting soil to pot up my new order of minis. The new ones aren't a bad size, but I think they're going to be overwhelmed by the 3 gallon pots I bought. I'm looking over at my first order of minis in their 2 gallon pots that are really too small, and wondering if I can switch them over to the 3 gallons. Even though the've put on a lot of growth in the 8 or 9 days since they've been repotted, I'm sure the root systems (they were in tiny 3x3 pots) is not anywhere close to filling up their new pots.

Anybody out there ever retransplanted a rose this quickly? Will I damage the roots? The first order is growing like gangbusters, and I don't want to hurt them.

I really wanted to get my new minis in bigger pots this morning. I'm covered in dirt and sweat, by the time I take a shower and go buy more pots it will be too hot to do anything outside. Anybody have any experience they can share?

I know this is concerning minis but this forum getts WAY more traffic, and I figure if anybody has done this with any kind of rose the info would be helpful!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments (6)