SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkbum_gw

simplicity broadmoor problem

lkbum_gw
16 years ago

I'm surpised, but my new (9.5 hr) Broadmoor 2044 has a minor problem. Tonight when I engaged the PTO for the deck, the mower died. After some minor trouble shooting, I found that the Deck would engage as long as I activated the Reverse Mow system (done by turing the "reverse operation" key) before the mower completely died (the machine has a keyed switch on the dash that must be used to activate reverse mowing capability). Subsequently, I found that as long as I held the key in the "activate" postion, the deck would start fine.

My manuals have no wiring diagram and I will contact the dealer tomorrow, but I am curious. How is reverse "sensed", is it by pedal position or is there a sensor on the pump? Neither was obvious on the mower. I have a feeling I have a bad switch or sensor somewhere. I did try engaging the deck while moving the mower forward (pump engaged, pedal depressed) and it died. I hope the problem is with something that easily reached and replaced as the dealer is a good 45 minute drive away. I hope it's the "key" activation switch on the dash. Thoughts?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions