SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clumsygrdner

Hear me out on this and let me know what you think

clumsygrdner
15 years ago

As you all know, I Wintersowed a butt-load last year.

This year, I decided not to Wintersow all that much at all, 3 whole jugs. (Tansy, Parsley, Parsnips). At first, it was because of the wide spread outcry of my pot ghetto, I got discouraged, but then, as I examined some of my wintersown perennials and sprouting volunteers, I decided that waiting was a good idea.

Why? Well, A lot of my flowers were perennials and did not bloom last year. True, I could just wintersow different ones, but wouldn't it be better if I waited to see how they would do? Maybe some would be better transplanted this coming fall and maybe there would be some awesome color combos worth repeating. I don't know yet, so I'm going to wait.

Oh and I talked about my success with parsnips last year to my monthly garden club. 100% said that parsnips were weak-kneed with infertile seed. They were shocked when I boasted my 80-90% germination rate with Wintersowing. What parsnips really need is consistant moisture and humidity for at least 2 weeks. Impossible for a human, easy with the Wintersowing method!

Comments (10)

Sponsored