SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

the worst-dressed rosebed list...

serenasyh
14 years ago

o.k. everyone, tomorrow is my special day! I get to spluuuuurge! I will be ordering 2 very fragrant Cattelya orchids for indoors...and on the outside I am going to order 4 climbing roses (America, Compassion, Royal Sunset, Pennylane)for the backyard and 1 (Zepherine Drouhin) for the front yard...I only wanted very fragrant climbing roses, and thanks to Zeffyrose on her fragrant climbers, this is what I will be going with:

what does everyone think about this color combination (listed from right to left):

America (tangerine-pink), Compassion (pink), Royal Sunset (cream peach with more yellow to it-think Just Joey) then Pennylane (apricot cream) for the backyard. They will grow right in front of my raised/fenced patio. The Patio holds my 2 tree roses Gemini (pink and cream blush)and Fragrant Cloud (hot coral).If my climbers arrive super big and healthy I will pot some roses onto my patio until I make a new lot (Zeffyrose's Martine Guillot (white) and Just Joey for sure!)

To the right of my climbers and patio are: Lincoln (deep red) with backdrop of brilliant flame orange and pink gladiolus (hurray, the flowers are starting to show) intermingled amongst each other , Tiffany (soft pink), Lincoln (deep red), Aromatherapy (bubblegum pink), Sutter's Gold (sunset yellow/red bicolor). Companion plants will be scented geraniums, nasturtiums, nepeta, marjoram, meadow sage, lavender...

Front yard from left to right... Mountain laurel (pale pink), miniature red-pink rose, thin-leafed rhododendron (looks like an azalea bush in foliage but has very tiny delicate plum flowers), Zepherine Drouhin (my new 2010 climbing rose addition), Sutter's Gold, Queen Elizabeth, Lady Emma Hamilton, Frederick Mistral...) these plants will be mingled with thyme, marjoram, lavender, and verbena...

I have absolutely no idea where my 2 baby bands (Special Occasion are going to go, LOL!) they don't count because they're staying in pots for two years...

Dwarf bee baum won't be anywhere near the roses...but will be tucked at the north side of the house several feet behind the mountain laurel and miniature rose..

o.k. if I have made some horrendous color combos, please SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM THE WORST-DRESSED ROSEBED LIST! lol!

Thanks all!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz