SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dtox_gw

Buying mower tonight - which one? (help!)

dtox
15 years ago

I have an acre lot with some slopes, some trees but nothing really much obstacle-wise. Don't have much of a budget, here's the two best deals I have found:

Home Depot has a refurbished Cub Cadet i1046 ZTT for $1900 with full warranty. Brand new is $2600. The plus here obviously is the zero turning ability but I am worried a bit of buying a refurb even though I saw the paperwork, it's never even mowed. A guy bought it and his wife made him take it back (too much $$$) but once it leaves the store Cub has to go over it (refurbish it) for the warranty to still be good. All they did was remove the gas.

Lowes has a John Deere LA135 limited edition (don't know what makes it a limited edition) for $1900 but I have a 10% off coupon and a mover's card that gives me $50 in gift cards for every $500 spent so it works out to $1560 essentially. The plus here being its new and its a Deere but B&S engines scare me and its a 42 deck compared the the Cub's 46.

They both have mulch kits and bumpers included which is nice.

I have a piece of property up north that I have a Husqvarna with a Kawa engine (my personal preference) that I love. If I were to get the Cub, I may even swap them out to have zero turning up there where I would have more obstacles.

So, I've just moved in last week and the lawn is getting really shaggy so its time to make a move. I know this is last minute but any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional
More Discussions