SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyk_gw

Pattern for mowing with zero-turn?

nancyk
13 years ago

I have a Ferris zeroturn, 61 inch cut. I've had it for two years now, for personal use, and love it. My concern is, I have not gotten the "look" when I am finished mowing that I have seen many mowed lawns have- the straight, parallel lines. no curve marks around trees et al. no divets when making turns(I've been told to keep moving the wheels forward but somehow this does not seem to work for me).

Also, I am unsure as to how-to-start a mowing section. For a while I would start at the middle of a lawn and push the mowed grass outwards, always going the same direction on half the lawn, going the other direction on the opposite half. This year I have started mowing on the outside, then going next to the mowed part but the other direction, etc., trying to get the "lines". But this does not look great either. Somehow there is always a curve or squiggle in it. Could tire pressure affect this, my husband keeps the tires a tad underinflated for a more comfortable ride.

And if there is a dip, as in a long ditch next to a road, I still have not figured that one out, there always remains a tad bit of high spot or line of grass that is a tad higher than the grass next to it.

Thanks.

Nancy

Comments (17)

Sponsored